2012年6月13日

翻譯練習:Jeremy Renner // The Unusuals訪談

原文網址:http://www.411mania.com/

ABC電視劇《The Unusuals》訪談,搭配的是角色劇照,配警徽超帥wwww


411Mania Inteviews Jeremy Renner
Posted by Al Norton on 04.08.2009



411's Al Norton sits down for an exclusive chat with Indpendent Spirit Award winner Jeremy Renner, star of the new ABC series The Unusuals.

411記者Al Norton獨家專訪獨立精神獎得主Jeremy Renner,他在ABC新系列電視劇《The Unusuals》中擔任主演。


Al Norton: Were you looking to do a TV series or did the script for The Unusuals just fall into your lap?

Al Norton:你之前就考慮拍攝電視劇了嗎?還是《The Unusuals》就這樣剛好找上你?


Jeremy Renner: I was not really looking to do a series but I was open to it. I had just done a pilot before so I was open to the idea of television because I felt the landscape of TV has changed a lot. It certainly wasn't me pursuing it. It just sort of fell my way and Harold Perrineau, who I worked with on 28 Weeks Later, had signed on to do it so I asked him about it. Then they got the whole thing cast for the most part and I saw who was doing it and I had to do it. 


Jeremy Renner:其實我沒有認真考慮拍攝電視劇,但如果有機會我也願意嘗試。之前我參與過試映拍攝,我覺得目前的電視劇環境改變了很多,那讓我願意嘗試往電視劇發展。當然我並沒有特別去要求這個工作機會。它就像是自然而然讓我碰上了,之前和我在《28 Weeks Later》合作的Harold Perrineau也簽了這部劇的合約,我問過他對這個工作的想法。之後他們開始進行試鏡選角,我看到了他們的選角名單,覺得我應該接下這個工作。



Al Norton: When you get the chance to work with a cast this talented it must be kind of a no-brainer.

Al Norton:能有機會和這麼棒的演員卡司合作,一定是想都不用想就答應了。

Jeremy Renner: Yes. It would have been really hard to turn down, that's for sure. 


Jeremy Renner:沒錯。很難拒絕這個邀約,這點是肯定的。


Al Norton: What about the script, and your character, drew you in?

Al Norton:那麼劇情設定上,以及你的角色設定呢?也是吸引你的原因之一?

Jeremy Renner: That was the other part; there were all those great people but it still had to be a good part and I felt like there was a lot of depth to it and it could go in a lot of directions. I was just hoping it wasn't going to go in the direction of being a bad guy, which was my main concern. I was trying to avoid that because I've done a lot of those. To be people in people's living rooms every week, I kind of wanted to be a good guy. 

I thought it was an interesting character and we found out more and more each episode, kind of at the same time the audience discovers what they are all about.


Jeremy Renner:那又是另一部分的事了;雖然劇組找來這麼多厲害的人,但劇本還是得是個好劇本才能讓我動心,而我覺得它的劇本很有深度,它多方探討了很多事情。我只希望它最後不要往我的角色是個壞人的方向發展,這是我最在意的一點。我試著避免接這樣的角色,因為我已經演過太多壞人了。既然我得每週都在電視上和客廳裡的觀眾們見面,我覺得我想以好人的形象出現。


我覺得我的角色很有意思,每一集每一集會多揭露一點這角色的細節,同時也進一步讓觀眾了解這部戲在說什麼。




*……突然想演好人嗎?XDD 想一想他的角色好像真的都是壞人。
*too be people in people's living rooms every week,我覺得這樣講很可愛;plus,「因為你們每週都會在你家客廳看到我,所以請不要讓我當壞人」,是這樣嗎?!XDDD



Al Norton: I know you've played cops before but did you do any research for the part?

Al Norton:我知道你之前就飾演過警察,不過你為了演出這個角色有特別做什麼功課嗎?

Jeremy Renner: I'd played cops and military before but I'd never played a detective, and not a New York detective. We got to ride alongs and hang out in the precinct, which was the most helpful because I think that's what a lot of the show is. Besides solving the crimes there's a lot of stuff going on in the precinct and the shift and change is very interesting; they're consummate professionals when they're out on the job and they take the job very seriously but when they're back at the precinct they're bitching about who didn't refill the coffee pot. 

I'd go in and ask 1000 questions about interrogating and the psychology behind that, everything about a day in the life of their job. More importantly, I think it was the unspoken that told me a lot more. Watching the way they treat each other, the respect they have for each other, the pranks they pull on each other. 


Jeremy Renner:我演過警察和軍人,但我從來沒演過警探,也沒演過在紐約的警探。我們跟著到街上出勤,以及到分局裡實地觀察,這是我覺得幫助最大的部分,因為我認為這是這部作品打算呈現的重點。在出勤辦案以外,很多過程是在分局裡發生的,而兩者間的差異和轉變非常有趣。當他們出勤辦案的時候,他們拿出無可挑剔的專業,很認真的處理手上的案件,不過當他們回到分局裡的時候,就開始為了誰喝完了咖啡不再煮一壺新的這樣的事吵架。


我在分局問了他們一堆問題,關於審問技巧和其背後的心理學,關於他們工作的每一天,每個細節,等等。不過我學到最多的,也是更重要的,是那些他們沒有用言語表達出來的東西:觀察到他們怎麼和彼此相處,怎麼相互尊重,怎麼開對方的玩笑,作弄對方。


*我想編劇也觀察了不少……是嗎?這部最出名的就是那個玩笑了?(喂)


Al Norton: Did they ask you questions or make comments about what cop shows they liked?

Al Norton:你有問他們什麼樣的警探劇是他們喜歡的嗎?問他們對警探劇的意見?

Jeremy Renner: Oh yeah, they'd make comments about which shows they thought were realistic and which they didn't like. I can't remember which ones because I don't really watch TV but there were only one or two shows they thought were realistic. We hope that this show is realistic enough for them to join the list. Other shows may be realistic about being a cop but not what cops are like, and I think we are going to capture that. If we do that than they are going to really dig it. We're getting a lot of stories from them, that's for sure. 


Jeremy Renner:喔有啊,他們有說哪些警探劇是他們覺得拍得滿貼近真實的,哪些警探劇是他們不喜歡的。但是我不記得他們說了哪幾部,因為我不怎麼看電視,不過只有一部或兩部警探劇符合他們貼近真實的標準。我們希望這部戲可以拍得足夠真實,可以也列入他們的合格清單裡。其他的作品可能要求的重點是「當個警察」的真實感,而不是「警察是什麼樣子的」,而我想這是我們試圖捕捉的東西。如果我們往那方面發展,劇組會認真的深入探討這個題材。目前我們從他們身上得到了不少故事元素,這是肯定的。


*竟然忘了!是說我也不怎麼看電視…


Al Norton: What's Amber Tamblyn like to work with?

Al Norton:Amber Tamblyn是什麼樣的工作伙伴?

Jeremy Renner: She's great. She kind of took me under her wing since she's done a lot of television and I was new to that whole experience. Like everybody else in the cast, she was great to work with, a wonderful human being. She's spunky, she's a lot of fun. 


Jeremy Renner:她是很棒的工作伙伴。可以說她像個大姊一樣罩我,她有很豐富的電視劇拍攝經驗,而我在這領域還是個新手。就像和其他演員合作一樣,和她合作很棒,非常好的一個人。她是個勇於嘗試的人,和她合作有很多樂趣。

*took me under her wing,或許這是個比喻但我還是會自動想像畫面(喂)


Al Norton: Since TV was new to you, what were some of the differences you noticed between this and doing features?

Al Norton:拍攝電視劇對你是個新的經驗,你覺得和拍攝電影有哪些的不同?

Jeremy Renner: I think it was the same as what most actors find out. I thought it was going to be a lot of hours and boy did it involve a lot of hours. I figured with a big ensemble cast maybe I'd get a day off once a week but that was not going to happen. We got a little behind, had to re-shoot some stuff, and there was a lot of work to do. Sometimes it's not the most fun stuff to do, the procedural stuff…I'm happy to be working and happy to be doing it, but wow. 


Jeremy Renner:我想我感受到的不同和大多演員一樣。我認為它得花很長的時間拍攝,而它也的確花了我很多時間。我本來想這是個多人合作的工作,或許我一個禮拜可以有機會休假一天,但那根本不可能發生。我們的拍攝進度落後了一點,某些場景必需要重拍,等等很多工作要完成。有的時候不是什麼好玩的工作,那些得照程序來的東西……我很高興參與拍攝,也工作得很開心,但是,哇喔。




For instance, we were working in New York City but I couldn't tell you what New York is about. We could have been anywhere for all I got to see and do. By the time the weekend rolled around I was so tired I didn't want to do anything except veg. And it was also winter (laughing), so it took more energy to bundle up and go do something. 


舉例來說,我們去了紐約市拍攝,但我沒辦法告訴你紐約長什麼樣子。我們可以去任何一個到紐約應該要去看、去玩的地方。但一週的拍攝工作結束後,我累得哪裡也不想去,只想坐著不動。而且當時又是冬天(笑),得花更多力氣才能要把自己拖出門去觀光。


It was a learning process, for sure. The amount of preparation time was different. I like to put a lot of prep into my work and with this you just can't. Stuff is just thrown at you and I just pray I don't suck. 


當然它是個學習的過程。不過花在的準備上時間不一樣。我習慣花很多時間準備一個角色,但這個工作,你沒有時間準備。他們要的東西當場丟給你,你就得做到,而我只能祈禱我沒搞砸它。



Al Norton: Most of your film work is on the indie side of things; is that by choice or are you just following the jobs?

Al Norton:你大多的作品是獨立製片,這是你的選擇,或是你剛好都遇上這一類的工作?

Jeremy Renner: The job with an independent film is a much more collaborative effort. Even though film is a director's market, independent movies are much more collaborative. The actors, the directors, we're not there for the money, we're there because we want to be there. It's like we're on the same team climbing a massive hill that all independent films really have to climb to even get made. 


Jeremy Renner:獨立製片的工作比較偏向大家一起共同努力去做出什麼,是合作的結晶。雖然電影的主導權還是在導演手上,但獨立製片的運作模式比較偏向共同合作。參與的演員們、導演們,我們並不是為了報酬而拍攝這部作品,我們參與是因為我們想拍出這部片。就像我們組了一個小隊,一起齊心協力跨越重重困難--所有獨立製片都會碰上的困難,就連只把成品拍出來,都得先過很多關。


There are some big movies I like as well but artistically it's not quite as fun, although at least those movies get seen. Most of the movies I do play the festival circuit and then fizzle off to DVD, unfortunately. 


我也拍了一些商業電影,我滿喜歡它們的,但從藝術的角度來說它就沒那麼好玩,雖然那些電影至少會被大家看到。大部分我拍攝的電影,在影展播放之後,很不幸的,沒機會在劇院上映,只能被做成DVD。


*這人…對沒市場從來很坦蕩。my business always been down, never up.→超直接。
*所以你的作品也很難找…找得很痛苦orz 


Al Norton: That must make it kind of fun to see the promotional campaign ABC is putting behind the show.

Al Norton:那麼看到ABC積極的為這部電視劇做宣傳,一定讓你滿開心的?

Jeremy Renner: Exactly. The work gets seen, I'm not going to complain about that, it's fantastic. I just wish I had a little more input as an actor. I think we all do on the show. Are we underused? Yes, but I think that's television. It's a producers market, it's a writers market, and we're just there to service the show. I realize that now after 10 episodes. I'm here to tell this story the best I can and that is it. 


Jeremy Renner:完全正確。我們的工作會讓大家看到,我沒什麼好抱怨的,這是棒透了的事情。我只希望,以演員的身份,能再讓我多參與一點。我想拍攝電視劇的時候,大家都會這樣想。給我們的鏡頭不夠多,沒有充分利用我們這些演員嗎?是的,不過我認為這就是電視劇。它的主導權在製作人手上,在編劇手上,而我們演員就是參與,配合。這是拍了十集之後,現在我體認到的事情。我到劇組來,就是拿出我最好的一面來說故事,就這樣。


*這段好棒。記下來ww

Al Norton: You mentioned before about the landscape of TV and I think right now there is some of the best dramatic storytelling we've seen in decades, but the flip side is that networks are giving shows less and less time to find an audience. Did that make you nervous?

Al Norton:你提到電視劇的生態轉變,而我想現在的戲劇圈中,我們看到了幾十年來難得一見的傑出作品,但另一方面,電視台給一部戲培養觀眾的時間也越來越少。這會讓你擔心這部作品的未來嗎?


*networks原來指的是電視台,感謝網友明日明夜的指點  :)   
  我轉我自己比較習慣的用詞;而他的原句我覺得不錯也一起列下來: 「電視台給劇集建立觀眾基礎的時間越來越短;慢熱的劇集還沒吸引到足夠的觀眾就已經被砍了。」


Jeremy Renner: I'm ok with that. If the show doesn't go, I'm totally fine personally, there's a lot of other things I'd like to do. If it goes, great, I'm employed still and that's great. I'm not so into television where I'm going to be crushed if it doesn't go again. 


Jeremy Renner:我能接受,我不特別在意那個。如果這部戲沒辦法繼續下去,就個人來說,我完全能夠接受;我還有很多很多想發展的事情。如果它大受歡迎,非常好,我還有工作做,沒失業,這很棒。我對電視劇的投入程度,並沒有到如果再遭受失敗,我就會崩潰的地步。


*好瀟灑啊!XD 但我覺得其實對電視劇好像也沒很大興趣也是一個?
*但其實本來拍電影後來轉拍影集的演員,我都覺得鏡頭張力比較夠…是因為準備時間的關係嗎?


Al Norton: Give me the basic pitch you'd give to viewers about why they should watch The Unusuals.

Al Norton:告訴我你會推薦觀眾看《The Unusuals》的基本理由?

Jeremy Renner: I think it's fresh and new. I don't think we're reinventing the wheel by any means but from what's on TV now, it's interesting and different, but not too different. If you fall in love with the characters than you're going to love what happens the rest of the way. If you miss a couple of episodes you'll be able to jump in without being lost. There's little nuggets of things that connect but it's not a serial show. It's got a great drama and there is great circumstantial comedy, and there is never any harm in laughing. If the characters catch on than I think we're all set. 


Jeremy Renner:我覺得它是個全新詮釋的作品。雖然不管從哪個角度來看,我都不覺得我們做了什麼根本的創新,不過和現在你在電視上看到的那些作品比起來,它做了不一樣的、很有意思的詮釋,但並不是非常非常不一樣。如果你愛上劇中的角色,那麼你也會愛上劇情和它的表現手法。如果中途錯過了幾集,直接接下去看也沒關係。它會和前一集有點關聯,但並不是劇情一路連續的系列劇。它有很棒的故事,是很幽默的喜劇,並且是無傷大雅的玩笑方式。如果它的角色能夠讓人進入狀況,我想我們就大功告成了。


Don't miss the series premiere of The Unusuals, tonight at 10 pm on ABC.

今天晚上10點,ABC電視台,別錯過《The Unusuals》的首播!


-----------------



這部電視劇裡頭的Walsh是個十足十的好男人唷嘿www
非常搶戲的一個角色。

這部戲其實滿好看的。的確很有特色。
只是,如果說只有十集的話,那這個時就已經…拍完了?!
不知道為什麼沒有拍下去。(思)


=============




嚴禁不知會我轉走。



推廣我很歡迎,但是不要不告訴我,不附出處,無斷轉載。
所有我要求的,也不過就是告訴我一聲而已。請維持最基本的尊重。

2 則留言:

  1. but the flip side is that networks are giving shows less and less time to find an audience.
    这句话我的理解跟你不太一样呢,networks指的不是网络而是电视台或者电视制作公司,在美国的话是同一个单位,所以这句话翻译成“电视台给剧集建立观众基础的时间越来越短”会不会比较合理?跟后文说起剧会不会被砍也比较联得上,慢热的剧集还没来得及吸引到足够的观众就已经被砍了这样。

    推荐观众观看的理由说得真好,完全就是我看完之后的感觉,其实我还蛮喜欢这部剧的,但是在米国收视率似乎不够,所以被取消了……我跟人说起的时候,有人说米国观众对于电视剧的口味比较极端,要么严肃型的罪案剧,要么就完全情景喜剧,对于两者融合的片子似乎适应不良,不过这个观点是不是正确我就不知道了。

    PS,我在试验我的google帐户,用户名混乱的话不好意思了……

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. See,原來如此。XD
      當時我想了一下,但不大確定是哪個XD
      多學到一個東西了,謝謝你>w<! 我把它更正過來。:)

      我常常覺得他對影片的想法和評論都很中肯,總能一針見血說得很到位。
      在噗浪那邊也有人說ABC總會腰斬很好看的劇。
      滿奇妙的,有的時候我覺得很不錯的劇會被腰斬,而有些我覺得不知所云的劇卻存活得超久的!XD

      刪除