2012年7月25日

翻譯練習:Jeremy Renner // FilmInk Magazine 201208 封面故事《III》




Via:http://www.ropeofsilicon.com
所有我覺得很好看的圖都要排一排。(喂)

2012 Film Ink 雜誌八月號,Cover Story;出處

看圖打字,請不要隨便轉走謝謝w







In the middle of most of those action scenes with Jeremy Renner is Rachel Weisz, who plays Dr. Marta Shearing, a morally conflicted scientist working on chemical methoeds to alter the behaviour of Operation Outcome's operatives. Like Cross, she's on Byer's hit list, and there's a red pen hovering over her for the entire film. An Oscar winner for the The Constant Garderner, and an actress unafraid to take on hard hitting, dark roles in films like The Lovely Bones and The Whistleblower, Tony Gilroy was ecstatic to have Rachel Weisz on board. "I met her very quickly, and she had all the attributes that we wanted, " the director explains. "It was the reverse of what we went throught with the guys. There were very few people that I wanted to meet for that part, and she was one of them. Rachel was available, and I dug right away. I knew how good she was, but I had no idea that she would be anything like this. I can't wait for people to see what she does; she's such a secret weapon. I've never put a character through the things that her character goes through in thirty years of screenwriting. By the time that we got halfway throught the movie, I was just like 'Oh my God, I can't believe what I'm asking you to do here!' I've never put anybody through this much stress in two hours before. She's amazing."

在這些動作場景中,和Jeremy Renner擁有最多對手戲的角色,就是Rachel Weisz飾演的Marta Shearing博士,她是參與Outcome計畫的科學家,負責以科學的方式改造控制計畫成員的行為,但同時內心也和良心掙扎拉扯著。她和Cross同樣名列Byer的追殺名單上,從頭到尾都是CIA當局的關注焦點。


Rachel Weisz 2005年以《The Constant Gardener》獲得奧斯卡最佳女主角,並在《The Lovely Bones》與《The Whistleblower》兩部作品中大膽挑戰勇敢堅強的警官以及詮釋黑暗的角色;能請她擔任女主角,Tony Gilroy 高興不已。「我們討論的時間非常短,而她符合我們所有希望的條件。」Gilroy說:「女主角的徵選和我們徵選男主角的情況正好相反。我的名單上只有少數幾個符合條件的人,她是其中之一。一知道Rachel的檔期能配合,我立即邀請她參演。我知道她是非常厲害的演員,但我沒想到她能做出這麼棒的表現;我迫不及待想讓觀眾看她的演出,她就像我們的祕密王牌,完美的王牌。我當了三十年的編劇,從來沒想到自己有朝一日會要求演員做出這樣的演出,做到這樣的程度。而當影片拍攝進行到一半的時候我才驚覺:『喔天啊,我真不敢相信自己竟然要求你做這些事情。』我從來沒有在電影的兩個小時內讓一個角色受到如此大的壓力過。她的表現非常完美,令人刮目相看。」


Though not a total stranger to on-screen action, The Bourne Legacy does represent a gear shift for Rachel Weisz. "I took it because I really loved the three films before," the actress tells FilmInk in New York. "I love the level of realism in them, and the level of acting. This had a really well-written script, and my character wasn't a woman in peril running away from danger, but a real person with a real moral conundrum. I loved the character and the script." It is indeed Dr. Marta Shearing's moral conundrum over her role in the creation of Operation Outcome's agents that forms the character's engine. "Absolutely," Weisz says. "It's the biggest issue. An analogy could be the person who puts fuses in a bomb at the factory every day without thinking where the bombs are going and who they're killing. She's basically doing something similar. She knows deep down that she's been extremely morally compromised from the work that she's doing. With the arrival of Aaron Cross in her face, she's forced to look at what she's been doing, and what she's been told not to think about. The disturbance of her moral compass is a huge, huge part of my character."


雖然並不是第一次接觸大銀幕動作電影,但對Rachel Weisz而言,《The Bourne Legacy》還是對她展現了動作電影的新層面。「我接下這個工作的理由,是因為我非常喜歡前三部曲。」她告訴我們:「我喜愛它們表現出的現實感,它的戲劇張力。這部作品擁有精心編寫的劇本,我的角色並不只是個生命受到威脅,逃亡中的女人;她同時也是個真實的、有血有肉的,陷入真實的道德困境裡的角色。我喜愛這個角色,和這樣的劇本安排。」事實上,Marta Shearing博士這角色的主要靈魂就展現在她陷入的道德困境裡:她參與了Outcome計畫,協助政府改造參與行動的成員。


「當然沒錯,」Weisz說:「這是她面臨的最大問題。好比在製作炸彈的工廠工作的員工,每天把引信放入炸彈裡,而不去思考:這炸彈會在哪裡被引爆?會殺掉多少人?她的情況基本上是一樣的。內心深處其實她非常清楚自己違背了良知,但她的工作讓她做出非常大的妥協。而當Aaron Cross來到她眼前,她被逼著去檢視她自己到底做了些什麼,那些她被交代『不要去想』的事情。在我飾演的這個角色中,她內心的良知掙扎和受到的衝擊佔了非常、非常大的一部分。」


*you've met me thirteen times and you don't know my name? i am just a number?

In the film's trailer, Weisz is seen cowering in her home, clutching a gun that she obviously doesn't know how to use. Whe FilmInk starts questioning the actress about her character's level of helplessness in the film, Weisz metaphorically rolls up her sleeves. "The whole state security system wants her dead," the actress says, fixing us with a steely look. "Anyone would be helpless. She's not a helpless person. She's extremely powerful in her field. She becomes quite a warrior in her own way. She is extremely helpless early on when there's a lot of jeopardy. She's never shot the gun before [that you see in the film's trailer]. She has one in the house because she's a woman living alone. She's had a relationship fall apart, and she's in a big house on her own. She has the gun for security, but has never shot it. She's never had three CIA agents in her house trying to kill her before, so it's pretty scary! The whole programme now has to be wiped out, including the scientists who have been working on the project. Everyone is wiped out apart from my character and Jeremy's character. So, basically, we're the two most wanted people by the American government. He literally needs my character to stay alive, and she literally needs him to stay alive. They get to know each other, but she isn't there just to give him emotional support. We have no choice but to become partners. It's partner up or die."

預告片裡我們看到Weisz縮在她家裡躲避攻擊,以一眼看去就是不會用槍的樣子握著槍。而當我們問她,這個角色在影片中的無助到什麼程度時,Weisz做了個假裝捲起袖子的動作。「她是全國上下所有安全機構的格殺目標。」這名女演員說,以堅毅而強勢的眼神把我們定在原地:「換成任何人在她的處境都會非常無助的。她不是什麼柔弱的角色,在她的領域她是非常有份量的人,而她也以自己的方式成長為一名出色的戰士。一開始陷入險境時,她的確非常無助,她從來沒有開過槍(就像你在預告片看到的),她擁有一把槍,因為她是獨居的單身女人,她的感情陷入了困境,所以剩她獨自一人待在那樣一間大房子裡。為了安全考量,她買了一把槍,但從來沒開槍射擊過任人。也從來沒碰過三個CIA特工入侵她的房子來暗殺她,這是非常嚇人的情況!故事中,高層決定徹底毀掉整個計畫,參與的科學家們也包括在內。除了我和Jeremy的角色,其他每個成員都被『湮滅』了。於是情況基本上變成這樣:我跟他是美國政府的頭號通緝犯。就實際層面而言,他需要我的角色幫助才能活下來,她(我的角色)也需要他的幫助才能活下來。這個過程中他們慢慢認識彼此,不過她的存在並不只是為了在情感上支持他。我們的角色除了搭檔合作以外沒有其他選擇了:不搭檔合作,就是死路一條。」


*其實我想寫:眼神中的殺意讓我們定在原地動也不敢動,雖然很帥但是Weisz不像大姊頭…吧囧?
*這樣「不是只為了出來談戀愛」的安排我還滿喜歡的XD 不然我會覺得很無聊

To get to the core of her character, Weisz partnered up with her director for a little research. "I went with Tony Gilroy to meet some female scientists who work in the same field as my character," the actress says."When I read the script, I thought that some of the science stuff couldn't happen, but all the scientists told me,'No, no, no, scientifically, what Tony has written is abolutely possible.' He said, 'I told you.' It was fascinaing to hear that the science in the film is actually happening on a small scale. We don't know for sure, of course, but it could be being used by government security force. That gives me goose bumps. I had to really understand the science, and I was terrible at science in school. I needed to feel immense comfort with what I was saying. I needed to explain what it is like to act. That required immersion."

為了精確掌握這個角色,Weisz和她的導演搭檔合作,一起進行了簡單的研究功課。
「Tony Gilroy和我一起會見了幾位和我的角色工作領域相同的女科學家。」Weisz告訴我們:「一開始我讀到劇本的時候,我認為當中某些科學的部分是不可能實際發生的,但所有我們會面的科學家都告訴我:『不,不,不,就科學的角度而言,Tony劇本上寫的是完全有可能發生的。』Tony說:『我告訴過你了吧!』聽到影片裡描述的這些科學正以較小的規模實際發生,是非常令人驚嘆的事。當然我們並不確定,但政府的相關安全機構的確可能使用這樣的技術,這讓我起雞皮疙瘩。我必需要完全了解這些科學怎麼運作,但其實我的科學理化成績在學校是很爛的。我得對自己說出的台詞完完全全放心,我必需要解釋那些原理怎麼運作,這需要完全把自己投入進去。」



Though the role that Dr. Marta Shearing's controlled drug experimentation plays in the creation of Operation Outcome's agents is shrouded in mystery("This is a specific thing that I can't talk about without spoiling the film," Renner replies when FilmInk asks about that aspect of the plot ), her involvement in the film's action obvoiusly is not. In one of the most dynamic pieces of footage circulating from the film, Weisz is on the back of a motorbike being piloted through the rumbling city streets of Manila by Renner's Aaron Cross. Unlike her co-star, however, Weisz didn't need to get in fighting shape. "I'm not playing superhero," the actress says. "I'm playing a scientist. I didn't have to be Lara Croft and have huge biceps. They didn't ask me to get in shape... they took me as I came." So, was that a stunt double in the motorcycle chase scene? "No, that was me, but you can't work out for that," Weisz replies. "I can hold on! I'm quite strong! I'm naturally fit, but I don't pump iron or anything. I'm not a fitness fanatic, but I do Pilates a couple of times a week, and I like running on a treadmill."

Marta Shearing博士掌控的藥物實驗是Outcome計畫的改造程序核心,但到底是什麼樣的實驗,依舊籠罩在神祕之中(「這屬於『我說了就會劇透』的那部分。」在我們問到相關問題的時候,Renner如此回答),不過她參與的動作場景就沒保密了。在最被大家廣泛流傳的其中一隻預告片裡,Weisz坐在摩托車後座,被Renner飾演的Aaron Cross載著穿越繁忙喧鬧的馬尼拉(Manila)街道。而和她的合作影星不同的是,Weisz並不需要為了打鬥鏡頭而做體能訓練和練出好身材。


「我演的不是超級英雄。」這名女演員說:「我演的是科學家。我不是演出Lara Croft(古墓奇兵女主角?),得練出結實的二頭肌來。劇組並沒有要求我要練出身材……他們讓我保持我加入他們時的狀態。」那麼,拍攝摩托車場景的是替身演員嗎?「不,我親自拍攝,那是沒辦法用替身的。」Weisz回答:「我可以撐得住!我很強的!!我的身材本來就保持得不錯,不過我不會去做舉重那類的運動。我對健身沒有很強烈的熱情,不過我一週會做幾次普拉提(Pilates)運動,我也喜歡用跑步機健身。」


Jeremy Renner's preparation was a little more hardcore. "I had to get used to that motorcycle," he tells FilmInk. "It's an on-road, off-road bike, which is a different way to ride than the street bikes that I'm used to. It's the opposite of almost everything that I've ever ridden. It was just getting used to that bike and then having Rachel on the back. If it was just me, I'd take more chances, but when I'm responsible for someone on the back, it's a different thing. So i just had to do due diligence and get used to that bike as much as I could. Once we got to Manila, I worked with [stunt coordinator] Dan Bradley and our motorcycle guys there, just racing around in parking lots. They were really good guys to help me out."


Jeremy Renner的準備工作,相對就多了那麼點難度。「我得習慣那台摩托車,」他告訴我們:「那是台平地和越野兩用的摩托車,和我習慣騎的平地用摩托車不一樣。它幾乎和所有我騎過的東西都不一樣,是完全相反的存在。我的任務就是習慣那台車,然後載上Rachel。如果只有我一個人,我會更大膽一點,更敢冒險。但當後座有個人的生命我得為之負責的時候,情況就完全不一樣了。我得認真的做好功課,並盡最大的可能習慣操控那台車。我們一到達馬尼拉,我就和Dan Bradley(特技指導)以及劇組請來的摩托車教練們展開練習,簡單的練習,在停車場繞圈。他們幫了我很多忙,非常好的老師們。」



*補充:資料來源
On-Road:
指在一般正常道路上騎乘,尤以平坦、有修整(例如鋪上柏油)的道路為主。

Off-Road:
在非一般正常道路騎乘,像是泥濘地、林道(充滿樹根、落葉)、碎石子路...等等。


-----------

這段……不知道為什麼讓我想到某些東西。

關於「你得為你後座的那個人負責」這樣的東西。
然後為什麼總是「自己一個人」的時候大家就會冒險XDDDD?


雖然翻得不快不過我在努力。
就當做練習這樣過去。
我習慣有一篇廢話文章就要有一篇正經文章蓋過去(喂)

沒有留言:

張貼留言